I love fall for the colors, for the crisp air and pumpkins! I love pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup and my most simple and easy Pumpkin Raita. Its a great side dish with spicy Indian curries and needs very few ingredients.
Prep time: 5 mins Cooking time:10 mins Total time: 15 mins
1/2 lb or 2 cups pumpkin cubed
1-2 green chilies cut
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp cooking oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a medium pan. Add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds start to splutter add pumpkin pieces.
- Cook uncovered on medium heat for 5-10 mins stirring frequently. Turn off the heat when the pumpkin pieces are fully cooked.
- Take the pumpkin out in a serving bowl and let it pumpkin cool down.
- In the meantime whisk yogurt, add sugar and salt to taste.
- Pout yogurt on top of the pumpkin. Garnish with raw green chilies and cilantro. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat. Mix gently before serving.
Serve with Rice or Parathas.