Here is s super easy recipe that children and grown ups love! We make it all the time in our home. Very soothing with spicy foods or great for a mid-afternoon snack! Requires very few ingredients and no-cooking!
Prep time: 5 mins Cooking time:0 mins Total time: 5 mins
1 cup plain low fat yogurt
1 cup Mango pulp
1 cup water
3 tbsp sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon saffron
Blend all the the ingredients together for 2 mins in a blender.
Add more water if you like a thinner consistency.
I love fall for the colors, for the crisp air and pumpkins! I love pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup and my most simple and easy Pumpkin Raita. Its a great side dish with spicy Indian curries and needs very few ingredients.
Prep time: 5 mins Cooking time:10 mins Total time: 15 mins
1/2 lb or 2 cups pumpkin cubed
1-2 green chilies cut
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp cooking oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a medium pan. Add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds start to splutter add pumpkin pieces.
- Cook uncovered on medium heat for 5-10 mins stirring frequently. Turn off the heat when the pumpkin pieces are fully cooked.
- Take the pumpkin out in a serving bowl and let it pumpkin cool down.
- In the meantime whisk yogurt, add sugar and salt to taste.
- Pout yogurt on top of the pumpkin. Garnish with raw green chilies and cilantro. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat. Mix gently before serving.
Serve with Rice or Parathas.
Here is one of my favorite drinks that is packed with vitamin C and is so refreshing! I have to agree that it does take quiet some time and patience for this recipe but once ready it can be enjoyed for several weeks! Also the concentrate tastes great on a toast as mango jam.. yumm!!!
Step by step recipe:
Wash and dry the raw mangoes
Peel the mangoes
Pressure cook them for 20 mins on medium high heat. Let the mangoes cool completed. Then take out mango seed and put the pulp in a medium sauce pan and mash it to a smooth consistency
Add sugar and cook for half an hour on medium to low heat.
Add salt, saffron and cardamom powder. Mix it well and let it cool completely.
Mix the concentrate with a hand mixer/stick blender for 2 minutes to get a smooth consistency.
Refrigerate the concentrate in glass jars for up to a month.
To make the drink, mix 3 tablespoons of concentrate to a glass of water. Add some ice cubes.
Raw Mango Drink/Kairee Panha Recipe:
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time:50 mins Total time: 60 mins
3 medium raw mangoes
1 cup Sugar (Or more if the mangoes are very sour)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp saffron
- Wash, dry and then peel the raw mangoes. Pressure cook for 20-30 mins. Make sure the mangoes are very soft and pulpy. Let it cool completely.
- Remove the mango seeds and mash the mango pulp.
- Add mango pulp and sugar to a medium sauce pan and cook on medium heat for 20 mins stirring frequently.
- Add salt, saffron and cardamom powder. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely
- Mix the concentrate with a hand mixer/stick blender for 2 minutes to get a smooth consistency.
- Refrigerate the concentrate in glass jars for up to a month.
- To make the drink, mix 3 tablespoons of concentrate to a glass of water. Add some ice cubes.